Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mulholland Drive Bridge

On the weekend of July 16-17, half of the Mulholland Drive Bridge (the bridge that spans the I-405 at the Sepulveda Pass) will be demolished and then rebuilt to accommodate plans for a wider freeway.  The other half will be demolished and rebuilt next year.  I thought I would snap a few pictures before the bridge, as I've known it my whole life, goes away.  Unfortunately I couldn't get close to the bridge for a long shot as the embankments above the 405 were fenced off for construction equipment.  A nice little history, along with some pretty cool photos of the bridge when it was brand new are at the Metro's website here.   More photos below the jump.


View of the I-405 looking north towards the Valley, taken from the bridge


Westward view of the bridge

Another north-facing shot of the 405

West facing view

 More Valley views

Facing East

Long shot of the bridge - note the fence and construction equipment, I couldn't get in there

No comments:

Post a Comment